Friday, January 20, 2017

When they go low we go high

Michelle Obama once said "when they go low we go high." Today I questioned how low can one go before they impart on someone a hellacious reality. Throughout the trip we've went to these landmarks and museums and asked ourselves questions about things like race, gender and class but we never asked how low can someone go? While walking through the Lorraine Motel I was angry, happy and inspired but I learned that we must try to reach as high as we can be cause they will go lower than the depths of hell. They will try to take our joy, right to an education, life, leaders and so much more but we need to know that it's not theirs to take it's ours and me must go higher and fight harder because they will fight harder and lower. I initially asked, "how low can one go before you impart in someone a hellacious reality" but I guess that doesn't matter to an extent because I know that my fight and joy has no limits. 

-Dominique White, Baltimore City College

No comments:

Post a Comment