Friday, January 20, 2017

Understand first before we judge

Our first stop was Little Rock Central High School. The school contains 2,500 students. We got to meet one of the first students who graduated from Central completing all three years of high school. I loved when she was told us to understand first before we judge. I think that is important, because people judged her, and later realized she is an amazing lady. It surprised me when she talked about how she was able to forgive them. I don't think I would be able to forgive them if that were me. Later we went to visit the motel where Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. I was very emotional, because I don't know how I would feel if the only person who was giving me hope was killed. I would feel the loss of hope and there is no way any problems would get solved. 

-Rosa Medrano, Hope High School

No comments:

Post a Comment