Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 2 Civil Rights Blog

Today was a very emotional day for me. The church service was an amazing experience for me, since I'm not very involved in religion. I could actually feel the love that was flowing around in the atmosphere. When we got to Martin Luther King Jr’s birth home, the tour guide said a quote that I really found meaning in. He said, “real heroes are humans.” It made me realize that just a normal person like us everyday is able to make an iconic difference. I also read a quote in the Center of Civil and Human Rights that said, “A riot is the language of the unheard.” My reflection on this is that riots are very effective because of their huddled masses. We all may not be brave ourselves individually, but together we are strong and can make a big difference. 

-Rosa Medrano, Hope High School

No comments:

Post a Comment