Friday, January 20, 2017

an attitude of joy and hope

Hope is such an amazing and intriguing thing. When I walked into the Sunflower County Freedom Project I didn't see it as something out of the ordinary until I saw the kids. The honesty, tenacity and love that was in their eyes brought me to tears because they didn't have to be happy or hopeful but that's what they chose to be and it was beautiful. We thought we were suppose to go and teach them something but instead they taught me to do my best to choose joy and hope in times of struggle and despair. Children always seem to amaze me, they are so untainted by the world around them. they seem to walk through life with this level grit, unmerited hope and joy that has slipped through my fingers.  The children today showed me the attitude that I should always try to adopt no matter how hard life gets and that is an attitude of joy and hope. 

-Dominique White, Baltimore City College

No comments:

Post a Comment