Monday, January 16, 2017

The Other side of the bridge

I often find myself anticipating things and finding joy in safety. As I walked across the bridge I got to the top of the bridge and saw the other side. I understood for the first time how it must feel to look death in the face. It dawned on me that everyday we cross a bridge and have took fear and or death in the face. The courage of the men and women that knew that death was on the other side of the bridge and stayed is what gives me hope. There will always be two sides to the bridge and we must decide which side we will be on. As the night whines down I close my eyes and see a bloody bridge and I understand that sometimes we must look death in the face to get justice and sometimes we must go through hell to get glory. 

-Dominique White, Baltimore City College

No comments:

Post a Comment