Friday, January 20, 2017

The home of Medgar Evers


The time that we have together is coming to a close and you can feel the group becoming a family. I did not think I would make so many new friends and branch out the way that I have been doing. On this day, we visited the home of Medgar Evers. I am a very visual person and in order for me to completely understand and internalize many of these events I have to imagine them. It was interesting to finally put a life to a name and get to know Medgar. It is amazing to think that his family had to live around his choice of occupation, like his children learned to play on the floor where it was safer. It is also amazing to know that Medgar knew that he was dying soon. He predicted it all in little gestures and that seems evident in all the deaths of major civil rights leaders. 

Anon Y. Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment