Thursday, January 19, 2017

Equal Justice Inititative

My favorite part about today was going to the EJI Center. Before today I never heard of the EJI. At EJI center two people that actually work there talked about what they do. I learned that they work on issues with race, help communities, and help prisoners that are on death row appeal to get time off there sentence or released from prison. I feel like the EJI center was such a good experience because I learned more about the legal system in Alabama . For example, Alabama doesn't have a public defender system. I think this needs to be changed because I don't think its fair that some people that can't afford a lawyer are appointed lawyers that aren't even trained to defend the person on trial.

-Kelley Sellers, Hope High School

No comments:

Post a Comment