Monday, January 16, 2017

reflection #1

When I left my mother's loving arms to embark on a trip that I know I will never forget. One part of my trip I will never forget was in a museum of all places. Usually, museums are boring and forgetful for me. They have information that I've usually heard and seen at other museums or at school, but this museum had something I've never seen before. An authentic KKK robe stood in a display case and if you looked closely, you could see blood stains. The chills that I got from observing the blood on the robe still haven't left my body. I keep thinking about the black person that was beat. What was their name? Where did they live? What was their job? Were they to walk home after this bloody encounter or were they left for dead in the street?

-Afiya Ervin, Baltimore City College

No comments:

Post a Comment