Monday, January 16, 2017

Never too young!

Today we went to the Kelly Ingram park. At Kelly Ingram park they had a celebration for Martin Luther King and they had food and other vendors. I also met one guy that told me a story about how he was actually a part of the children March & got arrested. After Kelly Ingram park we went to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute. In there they had a lot of displays/exhibits that were amazing and caught my eye for example, the two classrooms. On one side it showed a white classroom with nice floors, bright lights, nice desk, and good books but on the other side it was a colored classroom. The colored classroom was completely opposite . It was ugly, books were torn and the room just had a few wooden desk. This caught my eye because schools have changed over the years and I've realized how lucky I am because I'm able to sit in classes with whites & get the same education. I feel like today was a great day because not only did I visit places I met with activist!  when I heard Ms. Barbara Mines speak it inspired me because she joined the movement when she was 15 so I feel like that's just proof that no matter your age your never too young to make a change or take part in things that will help make a change.

-Kelley Seller, Hope High School

No comments:

Post a Comment